Distributing Alcohol to Minors -- It's More Serious Than You Might Think

It isn't uncommon for adults (especially college students) over the age of 21 to provide alcohol to minors who are in college or even high school. Although it's a relatively common practice on campuses throughout the U.S., serving or otherwise providing alcohol to minors is against the law in Pennsylvania.

Whether you were simply doing a young friend a favor by picking up some beer or alcohol for a party or you're a bartender who failed to properly check a patron's ID, if you are caught distributing alcohol to minors, you'll likely face serious criminal charges.

Since 1998, The Law Offices of John Della Rocca has been providing those charged with distributing alcohol to minors with clear, intelligent and effective defense strategies designed to mitigate the consequences.

The Consequences of Distributing to Minors

As mentioned above, those charged with serving alcohol to minors are often college students over the age of 21. These young people have a lot at stake when facing criminal charges.

For starters, some of the consequences college students may face include:

  • Loss of scholarships or ineligibility for future scholarships
  • Suspension from school
  • Losing out on a career or other job opportunities
  • A tarnished criminal record
For parents of college students facing criminal charges, a lawyer can help outline potential consequences while determining a defense strategy.

By hiring a lawyer, you'll have someone working toward a timely, positive outcome. Attorney John Della Rocca understands the embarrassment families feel when dealing with criminal charges like distributing to a minor occur. That is why he will take the necessary steps to limit the consequences and protect you or your child's long-term interests.

Distributing alcohol to a minor, like any other criminal charge, is a serious issue that deserves the attention of an experienced lawyer. For this reason, parents of college students should not delay in contacting an attorney to gather more information about how to protect their child's rights and future.

A Local Philadelphia Lawyer Helping You and Your Family